Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What to do When You Find Yourself Talk to the Cat about Chocolate

I found myself chatting with our temporary furball (we're keeping a cat for a friend currently) a few minutes ago about how wonderful chocolate is. Before the idea that quite possibly I am going mad becomes a reality, I quickly will tell you why I am talking to this white fluffy creature. I am escaping the mancave (aka 'my living room') where 3 men have settled in for an evening of Halo. Perhaps I feel as though I have found a kindred spirit with the feline furbal staring at me tonight? Or perhaps I'm just a nutty fruitcake that has been around kids for far too long before coming home today!

Let's go with the later then!

When you find yourself chatting about chocolate with your foster cat- STOP- and read instead my funny stories from work!

~ Yesterday, while working in my 1st/2nd grader class a conversation had started concerning Dora the Explorer. Apparently they are now FAR too old for such a baby show. One inquisitive little fellow says, "I think that Dora the Explorer is the all time classic kids television show." (...hmm...all time huh! What about Blues Clues??? Yeah, I giggled at his profound statement. How grown our 6 year olds have become!)

~Friday, one of my 4 year olds smacked my bottom as I was lining the class up for dismissal. Yep, he sure did!!! Well, I ignored it to deal with much more pressing matters (like how to control how many pieces of candy the lil tikes were grabbing). He then proceeded to smack other lil bottoms! One boy retaliated and I heard about it as the Bottom Smacker hollared out, "Don't smack my GIBLETS!" Took me a second to figure out what 'giblets' stood for, but I then quickly rebounded with "Don't smack his giblets, and you stop smacking his bottom!" (Yeah, try and correct saying all that and NOT laugh!!!) Bottom Smacker then felt lead to tell the boy, "Smacking a guy's giblets could kill him!" (yeah, I laughed then! I can see it on the news, 'Giblet Smacker strikes AGAIN!') I quickly handed out candy and set the Bottom Smacker, Giblet Smacker, and all the rest out to after school. 

~ A few weeks ago it got pretty real at Christian private school 3/4 year olds class! Two lil guys were fighting over Legos and I thought I had the situation handled. I took the 3year old aside and cooled him down a bit...or so I thought! I told him that he could go ahead and play again. I then said the magi words! "Alright now, GO GET 'EM TIGER!" He then proceeded over to the boy he was fighting with and pushed him to the ground! Stunned and slightly amused I asked, "Why in the world did you just do that???" He turned and very honestly and innocently in his 3 year old tone said, "You said 'Go get 'em tiger!"
Yeah, the moral of the story...I should watch what I say!

Oh there's more! But this will due for now. Please feel free to add in your funny kid tales. It would be pretty lousy if only my life has been filled with funny kid words ya know! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment